SSAW Pipe / HSAW Pipe: Spiral Weld Pipe
SSAW Pipe also called HSAW pipe, it means Spiral or Helical Submerged Arc Welding Pipe. SSAW pipe or HSAW pipe offers larger diameters and longer length than LSAW or JCOE pipe. It is produced by steel strip or steel coils.
SSAW Pipe: Spiral Submerged Arc Welded Pipe
HSAW Pipe: Helical Submerged Arc Welded Pipe
Both SSAW and HSAW mean same production process of sprial weld seam.
SSAW HSAW Pipe Manufacturing Processes
- Ultrasonic inspection for row plates or strips.
- Milling: Double-sided milled on two edges of plates by milling machine to get the required width, in parallelism and beveled shape for welding.
- Pre-curved on plates: Use pre-bending machine to change the shape of strip forming to the required curvature.
- Internal and external DSAW welding, double side submerged arck welding.
- Cut off the pipe to get the ordered length.
- Ultrasonic Testing to the pipe body and ends to check if there is any defects. Check inner and outer welding seam of the spiral steel pipe and the pipe body.
- X-Ray test to check any cracks: 100% X-ray industrial television inspection of the inner and outer weld seam, using an image processing system to ensure the sensitivity of flaw detection.
- Weld grinding on the pipe ends.
- Cold expanding at pipe ends: Improve the dimensional accuracy of the steel pipe and improve the distribution of the internal stress.
- Hydrostatic test: The expanded steel pipe is inspected one by one on the hydraulic testing machine to ensure that the pipes meets the test pressure required by the standard
- Ultrasnoic Inspection to check if any defects caused during hydrostatic test.
- Pipe Ends beveled.
- X-Ray testing: X-ray industrial television inspection and pipe end weld filming of the steel pipe after the expansion and water pressure test.
- Product inspection on the pipe dimensions, roundness, ends.
- Anti-corrosion and coating 3PE or FBE: According contracts to do anti-corrosion coating with 3PE or FBE.
- Painting and Marking.
- Warehousing and delivery.